Of all the long-lasting Christmas traditions, none is more enduring than the Season’s garish, overly-decorated sweaters. Oddly, the often ridiculous garments are trendy, and there are even websites, like www.uglychristmassweater.com, that are dedicated to them. If you have never been a fan of this fun apparel, consider the following reasons to own one:
1) You Will Join Famous Wearers: Celebrities have been showing off attention-grabbing Christmas sweaters for years. Bill Cosby famously wore an entire collection on his TV show. Movies such as “Bridget Jones’s Diary”, “Rock”, and “The Santa Clause” have showcased some eye-popping examples.
2) You Can Take a Nostalgic Fashion Break: It is believed that gaudy seasonal sweaters are popular because they take us back to earlier times, when colorful and warm were more important than trendy outfits. Many people also enjoy the break from fashion and love the chance to display their inner rebels.
3) They Are Easy to Find: Department stores sell thousands of winter sweaters and many qualify as truly ugly. However, you do not have to shop ’til you drop to find one that is you. You can locate dozens of styles, sizes, and colors on a single website. Sweaters are affordably priced and site information helps you choose the right size. They are also still sweaters, so the washable apparel also keeps you warm and comfortable.
4) There’s One for Every Taste: Since ugly is in the eye of the beholder, suppliers offer dozens different sweater types. There are Dr. Seuss styles, NFL sweaters, and a range of deliberately tacky designs. Of course the collection contains the classic snowflakes, reindeer, snowman and Santa decorations. You can even buy your very own light-up sweater.
5) They Make a Fun Statement: Ugly Christmas sweaters make the ideal wear for family Christmas pictures, especially if you are not the traditional type. They add a festive touch to Christmas parties and brighten up Christmas day.
Ugly Christmas sweaters have been keeping the season bright for decades. They have decorated movies and TV, are easy to find, and come in dozens of styles. Many people also love their reverse trendiness and take a yearly break from fashion by wearing the most outrageous patterns they can find.