As your business expands your need to outsourcing is going to grow. You need to know that a second of downtime can cost your business greatly. That is why so many businesses are turning to Virginia Beach Server Support and outsourcing as a way to help their business grow and have no type of down time. As with any service however, outsourcing has its pros and cons. Read on below for a few advantages of outsourcing your server support.
The Pros of Outsourcing Server Support
- Hiring an IT professional for your server support is much cheaper than hiring in house and having to train the employee. Add in a permanent salary, health benefits, and 401K options for all that you hire and it becomes even more affordable to outsource instead of hiring in house.
- Good IT support provides that support at a fixed rather than an hourly price. That makes it easy to work what you pay them into your businesses budget on a monthly basis.
- When you outsource you have an entire team of IT professionals at your disposal, so that nothing can go wrong and your company will have no down time if at all possible.
- You also have 24 hour a day 7 day a week support when you have your support outsourced as well.
The Cons of Outsourcing Server Support
- It is said that you will having faster support time if you hire an in house IT professional. If you have a problem, they will be right there to get started on the fix. With an out of house support team, you have to wait for the problem to be fixed and it could take them a bit to get going on it.
- The biggest risk of outsourcing is exposing data that your company might not want exposed.
These are just a few of the pros and cons to outsourcing your server support. You should weigh them all very carefully and choose the one that is right for you and your company’s business needs. You are the only one that can make this decision and need to think long and hard about it.